Conversion of PSD designs to WordPress can be done in many different ways as you saw in our comprehensive tutorial. You can either start from scratch or use a starter theme or even using a good base theme and page builder.
Also there are a lot of other good articles and videos on this topic on the internet that you might like to checkout.
So we built this page to share with you all the resources, articles and videos that we could find to help you speed up your PSD to WordPress conversion process.
Some of the top CSS frameworks to start with if you prefer to create HTML first and do it with Method 1 explained in the tutorial.
- Bootstrap - Most popular CSS framework
- Foundation - Second most popular CSS framework
- Materialize CSS - CSS framework by Google
- Semantic UI - CSS framework for sleek, flat, and subtle look.
- Bulma - Flexbox based open-source CSS framework
WordPress Starter Themes
Following are some of the most popular starter themes if you'd like to jump straight into the development using a boilerplate kind WordPress theme.
- Underscores - starter theme from WordPress
- Understrap - combination of Underscore with Bootstrap
- WP Bootstrap Starter - another starter theme based on Bootstrap
- Sage - starter theme for modern development workflow.
- JointsWP - good starter theme based on Foundation
- Genesis - very mature and powerful theme
WordPress Themes for Page Builders
If you decide to build sites using page builder, you have a lot of very powerful themes in the market that gives a good base for any page builder based WordPress site.
- Astra - absolutely powerful, extremely lightweight theme. Great for page builders.
- WP Page Builder Framework - another powerful, yet light weight theme
- Divi - very popular theme from Elegant Theme for the Divi page builder
- GeneratePress - another lightweight and powerful theme for page builders
- OceanWP - multi purpose WordPress theme
- Beaver Builder Theme - highly integrated theme if you plan to use Beaver Builder
Following are the top 3 most popular page builders in the market.
- Beaver Builder - developer friendly, clean interface, used by millions
- Elementor - lots of features, again used for millions, great for designers
- Divi Builder - works great with Divi theme, is flexible and clean interface.
Other PSD to WordPress Articles and Videos
- 5 Easy Steps to Convert a PSD to WordPress Theme (Bootstrap) - by Collective Ray
- Technical Guide to Converting PSD Templates to WordPress Themes - by Sagipl
- Convert a PSD to WordPress Theme - by Export Kit
- How to Convert PSD to WordPress — the Quick & Easy Way - by Ram Shengale
- [Video] PSD to WordPress Tutorial #1 - Introduction - by The Net Ninja
- [Video] Convert PSD to WordPress Theme - by Education Ecosystem
There you go. Those are some of our hand picked themes, plugins and tutorials to help you convert your PSD designs to WordPress website. Do make sure to also checkout the best PSD to WordPress services we've reviewed.